FucoSan Conference: algae bioactive compounds - from research to innovation
25-08-2020 - 12:00 - 26-08-2020 - 14:00
Prof. Dr Alexa Kletter, project coordinator on behalf of the FucoSan consortium
WEBINAR - The conference will be held online.
After registration you will receive an e-mail including a link to enter the meeting.
DATE & TIME
Tuesday, 25th August 2020, 12:00h - 18:30h
Wednesday, 26th August 2020, 08:00h - 14:00h
NEW: TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
You will only need a computer with online access and audio option to follow the meeting and optionally a microfone to join discussions.
Tuesday, 25th August 2020
- Keynote lecture: Nathalie Bourgougnon, University of South Brittany, France Laboratory of Marine Biotechnology and Chemistry. "Conventional and sustainable bioprocesses for the extraction of antiherpetic oligo- and polysaccharides from the red seaweeds"
- Plenary session 1
"Prospects of algae cultivation, collection and extraction"
- Plenary session 2
"Biological activities of algae compounds and their opportunities in research"
- Poster session on topics from plenary 1 and 2
Wednesday, 26th August 2020
- Keynote lecture: Trond Helgerud, Seaweed R&D Manager, Dupont Nutrition & Bioscience hos DuPont, Norge. "DuPont Nutrition and Health"
- Plenary session 3
"Possibilities and pitfalls of commercialisation of algae compounds"
- Plenary session 4
- Poster session on topics from plenary 3 and 4
- Panel discussion
CALL FOR PAPERS
The deadline for the submission of abstracts for oral presentations and posters was 1st July 2020.
- Oral presentation: 10 min talk & 5 min discussion
- Poster: an online solution for poster presentation and discussion will be offered.
Abstracts on both scientific and commercial topics in the field of biactive marine compounds are welcome.