Merck Innovation Cup 2018 in Frankfurt - Sign up before 15 January 2018
This event is taking place between 16-24 July 2018 in Frankfurt.
Sign up before 15 January 2018 to have a chance to participate.
How it works: During a one week Summer Camp, 75 selected postgraduate students will attend in-depth presentations about the chemical and pharmaceutical industry. Participants will work in small teams to generate an innovative idea that addresses a scientifi c challenge and develop the idea into a business plan. Teams will receive coaching and guidance from world-class academic scientists, Merck managers and scientists, and experienced retirees. The teams will present their business plans to a grand jury composed of Merck top management plus external experts and delegates from funding organizations. The jury will select the best business plan and present the winning team with the Innovation Cup award and cash prize of EUR 20,000.
Additionally, a cash prize of EUR 5,000 will be awarded for the best business plan per category: healthy lives, synthetic biology, material solutions, digitalization, and new ways of working and collaborating. Options to implement the best business plans will be evaluated.
What to expect:
- During the one week Summer Camp, participants´will work together in small teams to:
- Learn the essentials about R&D within the pharmaceutical and chemical industry • Understand how products are successfully discovered, developed, and brought to market
- Get to know Merck and learn about career options
- Work as part of a team to generate new ideas in the areas: healthy lives, synthetic biology, material solutions, digitalization, and new ways of working together
- Evaluate your ideas from a technical and business perspective and build a convincing business plan
What’s in it for me?
- If you are a postgraduate student with an interest in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, the Innovation Cup will be your chance to gain in-depth knowledge about research and development, to network with top students from around the world, and build a business case together with experienced professionals.
- A EUR 20,000 prize will be awarded to the team that presents the most convincing business plan plus EUR 5,000 each for the best team per field.
- All participants will also attend the “Curious2018 – Future InSight Conference” (http://www.curious2018.com). Several keynote speakers will participate as coaches at the Innovation Cup. The Innovation Cup 2018 and the Curious 2018 conference will take place near Frankfurt, Germany (July 16-24, 2018).
- Travel, accommodation, and food expenses will be paid by Merck.
Who can apply:
Merck invites advanced students in natural sciences, computer sciences, and business administration from all over the world to apply for participation in the Innovation Cup.
75 students will be selected:
- Sciences: Postgraduate students in natural sciences on their way towards a PhD or working as a postdoc in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, biotech, bioinformatics, biochemistry, pharmacy, informatics, computer science, data science, engineering, or related fi elds
- Business: Advanced MBA students or recent MBA graduates with an interest in the pharmaceutical and chemical business
Any questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org