Transition towards Sustainability: Ensuring the Future of EUPATI (webinar)
30-09-2020 16:30 - 17:30
Biopeople, European Patients Forum, Consortium of EFOEUPATI (IMI)
Ensuring the Future of EUPATI (EFOEUPATI) is an IMI-project that started in 2018 and is ending in 2020. It is a consortium of 12 partners, who have concentrated their efforts and work on the sustainability of the European Patients’ Academy (EUPATI). Established as an IMI-funded initiative, EUPATI provides training and reliable information on medicines research and development to patients and patient representatives, as well as training on patient engagement to various stakeholders.
During this webinar, work package leaders of IMI-EFOEUPATI will present the main achievements of the project and how these will be transferred to the future phase of EUPATI as an independent Foundation registered in the Netherlands. During this online event, participants will also have the opportunity to listen to an address from an IMI representative on the importance of patient education and engagement, and how the project has ensured the sustainability and future of EUPATI.
Finally, the new EUPATI Foundation will be introduced, highlighting the latest developments of the European Patients’ Academy, including its governance structure, objectives for the coming years and much more. If you are interested in patient engagement, we highly recommend you join us to discover more about the various activities and ways to engage with patients in a meaningful manner.
- Summarize the history and mission of EUPATI.
- Communicate about the IMI-EFOEUPATI project and its highlights.
- Announce the establishment of the EUPATI Foundation.
- Introductions by Iwona Jablonska (IMI) and Nicola Bedlington (EPF)
- EFOEUPATI highlights, moderated by Camilla Habre (EPF)
- Sustainability (WP2) presented by David Haerry (EFGCP)
- Patient Education & Engagement Portal (WP3) presented by Kay Warner (GSK)
- National Platforms Infrastructure (WP4) presented by Caroline Whelan (IPPOSI)
- EUPATI Foundation (presented by Maria Dutarte, EPF)
- Q&A (moderated by Camilla Habre, EPF and Bojan Cigan, EATG)
- Concluding remarks (Maria Dutarte, EPF & Iwona Jablonska, IMI)
Biopeople contact: Per Spindler