Why diversity drives innovation: A Brew Your Own event
03-03-2020 15:00 - 17:30
Ole Maaløes Vej 3,
2200 - Copenhagen N
Biopeople & Copenhagen Science City
Join this Brew Your Own to hear about the research, get tips on how to achieve diversity and meet companies who aim to mix it up.
Research shows that companies that hire across gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability are twice as likely to file patents and to announce new products as companies, which are monocultures. Companies with above average ethnic and racial diversity show financial returns 35 percent above the median for their country and industry. Gender diversity alone improves financial returns by 15 percent.
Join this Brew Your Own event for insights about the value of diversity in start-up teams and about how to achieve a healthy mix.
Entrepreneurs, researchers and students with interest in starting a business or joining a start-up.
Brew Your Own events are co-created by Biopeople and Copenhagen Science City as a source of inspiration, information and interaction between start-ups and researchers and students with an interest in starting businesses or joining start-ups. The diversity event is co-created with Copenhagen Science City-partner COBIS.
- 15:00 - 15:10: Welcome presentation by hosts
- 15:10 - 15:25: SUSANNE JUSTESEN, Innovation Advisor, Ph.D., Innoversity Copenhagen: What is diversity? Why is diversity important to innovation? And how homogeneity kills creativity
- 15:25 - 15:40: FLORENCE VILLESECHE, Associate Professor, PhD, CBS: The evidence for the value of diversity, and how small teams can expose themselves to differing views
- 15:40 - 15:55: LIVA ECHWALD-TIJSEN, Founder, Female Founders of the Future: Tips on how to design your start-up team for diversity from the ground up
- 15:55 - 16.00: Open Mic
- 16:00 - 16:30: Special beers & ciders and networking
- 16:30 - 16:45: LAURA WINTEMUTE, Founder, Homestead: Advice on how to hold on to talented staff from foreign countries and cultures
- 16:45 - 17:00: CHARLES GAYOT, Founder, StepUp Solutions: How we got from hiring diverse staff members to creating a fully functional team
- 17:00 - 17:30: Panel debate with speakers
Final networking and finish beers and soft drinks
The event is free of charge, but you are required to sign up here...
Participants list and photos at the event