Freudenberg Medical is looking for new methods and technologies in pharma and biotech
- Anti-inflammatory approaches (for wound care, for (soft) implants, for blood filtration, no pharmaceuticals)
- Strategies for reduction of foreign body reaction (for implants, most out of silicone, and attached Freudenberg product presentations from FM and FPM)
- Smart dressings / smart coatings (smart about wound healing information)
- Anti-microbial approaches for silver substitution (no pharmaceuticals)
- Bioburden detection (on surfaces and/or in air, quick and dirty, particularly < 10 CFU/ cm2)
- Ex vivo/ in vitro methods for efficacy testing (new methods) for the topics above
- Minimally invasive systems/surgery (electrification, digitalization or/and connectivity)
- Drug delivery
- In vitro diagnostics
- "Medical needs for the future"
Deadline for submission of proposals is 30 August 30 2019.
Health Axis Europe
Health Axis Europe is four biomedical clusters with a common innovation culture. The biomedical clusters in Leuven, Heidelberg, Maastricht and Copenhagen share a common innovation culture, are comparable in strength and have complementary areas of expertise: internationally outstanding universities, substantial health industry base and focused on complementary health technology areas covering medical electronics and nanotechnology (Leuven), personalized medicine and cancer research (Heidelberg), high-performance biomedical materials and Regenerative Medicine (Maastricht) as well as pharmacology and public health science (Copenhagen). The purpose of the Health Axis Europe initiative is to cross-leverage the innovation resources and thus jointly increase the international competitiveness of the clusters in Leuven, Heidelberg, Maastricht and Copenhagen.
Facilitate and coordinate EU-funded collaborative R&D projects (H2020, Horizon Europe, EIT Health IMI etc.)
Support of cross-border cooperation in the training and further education of talented persons
Nurture an international startup culture and attract cross-border investments
Mediate international partnering between academia, SMEs and global healthcare companies
Facilitate scientific exchange in fast evolving visionary health research topics