Boost4Health - Accelerate the internationalisation of your life sciences innovations
Funding: EU Interreg North-West Europe (NWE) (total budget 4,4 mEUR).
Description: The NWE life science sector is not exploiting its full potential due to the fragmented market and limited critical mass of its clusters. To grow sustainable new business, innovative NWE life science SMEs need to focus on international markets, but are held back by:
- Lack of knowledge on internationalisation
- Big differences in health care systems, cultures, re-imbursements etc.
- Product validation under different regulationsVarious studies show that as a result European SMEs often remain small or sometimes prefer to move their business to the less complex US market to grow.
In Boost4Health, a partnership of 11 leading life science SME support organisations with strong business networks, will address this market failure by setting up a transnational support programme to help NWE SMEs grow internationally by bringing their life science innovations to European markets. The support programme consists of 3 outputs that will directly help SMEs overcome the above barriers: 1) International business growth strategy programme with coaching and matchmaking provided by support organisations, experts and peer companies, 2) Marketplace and €1,2M micro-funding programme to access international expertise (e.g. market insights, legal support), facilities (e.g. incubator, lab space), partners (e.g. business development support) and financing (e.g. innovative procurement, crowd-funding), and 3) European product validation network (clinical trial sites, hospitals, home care) for validating life science innovations with users abroadB4H uses innovative mechanisms where SMEs help other SMEs, building a strong transnational community that lasts beyond the project and positions NWE as a key life science hub.
B4H will help 300 SMEs increase their TRL levels through coaching, matchmaking and financial support thus bringing forward the introduction of new life sciences innovations to the international market.
- BOM Business Development & Foreign Investments B.V. (Netherlands, lead partner)
- GM Business Support Ltd (UK)
- Kent County Council (UK)
- Ontwikkelingsmaatschappij Oost Nederland NV (Oost NV) (Netherlands)
- Biocat, la Fundació BioRegió de Catalunya (Spain)
- Université de Liège (Belgium)
- ID2Santé, Innovation et Développement de la Santé en Bretagne (France)
- BioRegio STERN Management GmbH (Germany)
- Biopeople; University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Eurasanté (France)