Biopeople is Denmark's Life Science Cluster
Biopeople is Denmark's Life Science Cluster (Innovationsnetværket for bio- og life science / Danish Life Science Cluster) hosted by University of Copenhagen and with hubs at Aarhus University and Aalborg University Hospital. The Danish Life Science Cluster is part of the national infrastructure for innovation as established by the Ministry of Higher Education and Science (Innovationsnetværket for bio- og life science). We are funded by public government grants and grants from EU, national and regional projects. Companies may apply for free membership of the Biopeople Membership Network.
We are a neutral catalyst for collaboration between companies and public research, and our strategic priority is to support the paradigm shift in the life science and health care sector. We build competences and value in collaboration with educational institutions and companies that leads to increase in job and export.
Biopeople was the first European Life Science cluster in 2013 to achieve the Gold Label of the European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis (ESCA /ESCARD) as supported by the EU Commission.
Danish Life Science grows through innovation and collaboration
Biopeople facilitates confidence-building interpersonal relations. This is to fulfill the needs of our stakeholders for strengthening innovation through cross disciplinary and international partnerships.
- Catalyzing innovation by creating inspiring meeting places for public and private stakeholders within Life Sciences
- Inspiring to cross disciplinary collaboration and partnership bringing smaller companies, public/private synergy and internationalization into the spotlight
- Supporting the development of professional competences within especially internationalization, innovation and foresight
- Et hovedfokus er på bioteknologi, biomedicin og lægemidler - endvidere den del af medicoindustrien, der udvikler udstyr, produkter og services, der er relateret til bioteknologi, biomedicin og lægemidler, samt virksomheder, der forsker, udvikler og/eller markedsfører fødevareingredienser, produkter og services, som har en snitflade til lægemidler
- en behovsorienterede strategi udspringer af et nationalt fokus
- virkemidler, der bygger broer
- en internationaliseringsstrategi, der gavner virksomheder
- og en kommunikationsstrategi, der øger synligheden