The Future of Swedish and Danish Life Science - recordings now available
Life Science in the Öresund region with its thriving ecosystem of cutting-edge science, hundreds of life science companies and investments in research infrastructure, major projects and product development is in a continuous growth mode. The 9th edition of the international partnering event The Future of Swedish & Danish Life Science showcased the region’s strengths and look at the key factors behind the success of Swedish/Danish life science collaboration.
Topics covered were
- Pipeline of Swedish and Danish IMMUNO-ONCOLOGY therapies – challenges, possibilities and how to bring new medicines to market
- Leveraging investments in regional programs/research infrastructure for growth
- How to attract (and keep) talents and competences in the Medicon Valley region?
- How can the virtual company model in start-up- and early phase drug development be further developed?
- How can the partnership with service providers in late stage drug development, IPO and market access program be further improved?
Panel sessions were moderated by Lisa Kirsebom, freelancing science journalist and moderator. Biopeople contributed this year to the panel re. talent attraction to the region starting recordings at 3:33 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A3Rr0oIJok
In concluding the talent session the attractiveness of the Medicon Valley was emphasised as an important hub in Europe, as providing great opportunities for development and opportunities for contributing to great changes at the same time as having a high quality of life; as an evironment that makes a difference when it comes to providing solutions to health problems; as being one of the leading networking ecosystems of life science.
The annual event is planned to take place again physicall on 2nd September 2021 at Medicon Village in Lund.
Check the web site og the conference for more information: http://www.swedishdanishlifescience.se/arrangement/index.xhtml
Recordings from the 2020 event, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A3Rr0oIJok